Terms and conditions
We work with a number of different Spanish car rental companies and each of these companies will have its own particular terms and conditions. We include information for each of our suppliers both on our instant quote page and also on our booking form page and it is important that you read this information before submitting a booking request. However, we outline below our own general conditions, applicable for bookings made via our website.
We provide a link to a quote on CarTrawler from our own quote page. Please note that the terms and conditions applicable with CarTrawler will differ from those stated below (for example, a cancellation charge may apply). If you do make a booking with CarTrawler, please be sure to read their booking conditions.
What the price includes
- Unlimited mileage (with some exceptions).
- VAT (IVA) and airport taxes.
- Free cancellation (at any time before the hire is due to start) and free modifications.
What the price doesn't include
- Extras such as babyseats, boosters and GPS. Please see the information for each supplier for the cost of hiring these items.
- Out of hours delivery (available at airports only). We inidicate the out of hours timetable and extra charge for each of our suppliers on our quote page.
- One-way hire between two offices of the same car rental company. One-way hire is possible with some of our suppliers and the charge applicable is normally between approximately 40 and 130 euros, depending on the type of vehicle hired and the distance between the two offices.
- Fuel. In most cases, the vehicle will be delivered with a full tank of fuel and a corresponding fuel charge will be made. The fuel policy applicable varies from supplier to supplier and we aks you to check our quote for details, but a common arrangement is that the client can deliver back as he/she wishes for a proportional refund for the fuel remaining in the tank. Note that a non-refundable service charge of approx. 20 - 40 euros will apply for this fuel policy. Several of our suppliers offer the option of a true full-full fuel policy at a slightly higher rate.
- Damage to tyres, windows, mirrors, keys, undercarriage, upholstery, etc. There a number of exclusions not covered by the standard accident cover included in the price. These can be covered to varying degrees by contracting the optional extra cover offered by our suppliers. A deposit will be required if the optional extra cover is not taken out. Please see details on our quote page.
- Theft of personal objects left in the vehicle while unattended.
In no case is a specific model of vehicle guaranteed, but rather any model within the vehicle group requested (i.e. with very similar characteristics to those of the example model). If no vehicles are available within the same group, a model from a superior group will be provided at no additional cost.
Payment for the hire of the vehicle, the fuel charge and any extras required will be made on picking up the vehicle. We cannot accept payment in advance prior to your visit to Spain.
Payment must normally be made by credit card. However, some suppliers will allow payment by debit card, but usually only as long as their extra insurance is contracted (please consult).